Wednesday 30 July 2014

My Role In My Words.

Mary
Working in the Enquiry Unit has come with a lot of knowledge and understanding, while working here I have gained a lot of knowledge out of things I wasn’t even aware off! In fact every day I learn something new.

Yammer (which is a social network for businesses to share information) has also come in useful because I see it as an avenue to share knowledge to help others, once you learn something you can share it around on Yammer so other people can learn as well.

The whole Clearing period can be fun as well as very busy as it gets further into August. Working as an Enquiry Unit staff member has taught me a lot as well as academic knowledge but it has also taught me transferable skills that will come in very useful once I go into the working world like listening skills, being patient and gaining excellent communication skills.

My advice to anyone  when applying via Clearing would be to stay calm and patient because many of us here today got to university via Clearing (like me) so we know exactly how you are feeling. I would also advise to spread your options as far as possible, don’t believe if one door closes another can’t open and remember we are here to help you right through to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment