Tuesday 1 July 2014

Clearing 2014

Michael
Hello potential applicant to the University of Greenwich, I hope you are well. My name is Michael, and I have been given the task of starting the Clearing blog of 2014. So here is the first entry to get the ball rolling.

Today, the first of July, is not just Canada’s birthday (it has been a country for 147 years, today) but it’s also the first day of early Clearing! But Michael, what exactly is Clearing? Well, Clearing is the final opportunity to apply to a university, or college of higher education before the academic year begins. So you may be wondering, is Clearing something I need to think about? You only need to think about Clearing if you can relate to any of these statements:

  1. I didn’t receive the results I was expecting, and have not met the conditions for my firm and insurance choices
  2. I received better grades than I was expecting and want to apply for a university with higher entry criteria (also known as adjustment)
  3. I have only recently decided I want to go to university this year
  4. I wasn’t accepted on a course when I made my initial application

If any of the above statements apply to you, then Clearing (or adjustment) is for you! If not, then Clearing is not anything you need to consider. For some, Clearing can be a daunting time, and I can speak from experience, but there is nothing to worry about. We have a team of trained staff, who last Clearing took over 40,000 calls that are available to help with any queries you may have about Clearing, and what you will need to do.

So if you want to apply for a degree at the University of Greenwich, feel free to give us a call on 020 8331 9000 or visit our website to chat to an advisor, where someone will be available to assist. Alternatively you can check back daily to the Clearing blog to read the updates for Clearing 2014.

Good luck everyone!


Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment